Here it is! Finally found the time needed to put the finishing touches to this one. A bit like it says on the tin, this tutorial goes over the process I used to create the rose prop from my Fantasy Graveyard. It’s maybe not quite as novel as the grass tutorial, but having worked this process out I am [...]
With this post I declare the scene actually, properly finished. It was hard drawing a close to this project, and as any artist knows there are dozens of things I could spend hours tweaking until they are just right, but at the same time there’s also the insatiable itch of wanting to move on to a new project, and new challenges.
This update brings a whole [...]
OK, so first things first. Guess I need to get used to not calling things complete so quick on here. I wasn’t considering it final, certainly not before I had let it free and had a chance to gather all that valuable feedback, but that unfortunate choice of words for the post title certainly left me stuck [...]
My Fantasy Graveyard Mini Scene is complete and assembled in Maromoset Toolbag! First up a video turntable of the scene, be sure to watch in HD! Click through to see some high-resolution (better compression) still shots.
The weekend away put a little blip into progress on the rose, but I have now polished off every piece of it. I ended up settling for trying to make the rose itself as modular as possible, that way I can use each part in a different way over and over in any shape rose [...]
Here is the railing prop all skinned up nicely. This marks my first foray into the fantasy stylised texturing technique popular in a number of indie games, and of course widely used by Blizzard. A very enjoyable experience, a lot more involving than the heavily referenced realistic style I am used to workign with on props for Black Mesa. [...]