Here it is! Finally found the time needed to put the finishing touches to this one. A bit like it says on the tin, this tutorial goes over the process I used to create the rose prop from my Fantasy Graveyard. It’s maybe not quite as novel as the grass tutorial, but having worked this process out I am [...]
Like promised I have the first of my articles featuring my workflow on the fantasy graveyard finished. First up is a tutorial that goes over my workflow I developed to create the grass textures in the scene. I came up with this method myself after finding very little similar information on creating good hand painted grass textures [...]
With this post I declare the scene actually, properly finished. It was hard drawing a close to this project, and as any artist knows there are dozens of things I could spend hours tweaking until they are just right, but at the same time there’s also the insatiable itch of wanting to move on to a new project, and new challenges.
This update brings a whole [...]
The feedback garnered from my last update was that the forest area behind the fence was a great addition, so good in fact it also out-shadows the front area of the scene. In an effort to balance this out I am doing another (hopefully final) pass to the front area. I hope to deepen the narrative more with this third pass, as well as [...]
OK, so first things first. Guess I need to get used to not calling things complete so quick on here. I wasn’t considering it final, certainly not before I had let it free and had a chance to gather all that valuable feedback, but that unfortunate choice of words for the post title certainly left me stuck [...]
The feedback I have received so far on the scene has been almost exclusively positive. I have begun working on my improvements that will hopefully quash the few criticism people did have with the piece. The first (and largest) area for improvement I have decided to tackle is the space behind the graveyard railing. The criticism was there wasn’t enough interesting [...]
My Fantasy Graveyard Mini Scene is complete and assembled in Maromoset Toolbag! First up a video turntable of the scene, be sure to watch in HD! Click through to see some high-resolution (better compression) still shots.
So the mini scene is very nearly complete, I should be putting the finishing touches to it tomorrow now. I decided to take my concept a little bit further, originally it was my intention to place all my completed props atop a grass covered mound, but that seemed a little boring the more I worked with it. The final [...]